25/06/2010

Sex and violence...

No particular reason for that title other than the fact it is the title of a song from the Scissor Sisters' new album and happens to be the best damn track on said album. Thank God for internet leaks is all I can say - but I'm being a good little fanboy and I bought the album anyway so hopefully they can power their way to another #1. The album itself comes out on Monday, which also happens to be the day that Jonny and I are descending upon the Manchester Apollo to see Mr. Shears, Mrs. Matronic and the rest of the band live. This will make it the third time I've seen them now, which might seem a lot, but oh it'll be worth it. I know that just based on the quality of their songs, the energy they always put in to performances, and some kind of intuition. Obviously, I'm psychic (oh, how I long to be Karen Smith...)

But, yes. A blog post. This post is actually mainly a way of updating the blog, since I feel like I sort of need to do it (as I haven't done it in a while). I also know that I probably will be without any great deal of internet until Monday, by which point I'll probably have no energy to write for the blog and therefore it'll probably go the route of my many, many other failed projects. The reason for this lack of internet will be my trip to Scotland to see Manic and Ryan, alongside Davey and Alex, which shall no doubt be a fun visit (the first time I've ever been to Scotland too, now that I think about it). Suffice to say my boyfriend's decision to shave his head the day before we go on said trip will no doubt result in my verbally castrating him at some point over the weekend, but all is fair in love and war. Oh, how I love that phrase.

I'm sort of in two clashing moods at the moment, which is something I've got used to over the past few months. The main mood is the one that I've been dragging around for the better part of a month at least; the one where I feel like there's some kind of black cloud constantly hanging around my head. It's bothering me that I can't shake it off, mainly because I don't know what it is that is getting me down - when I do know, I can generally work around it or cram it away in the cracks of my mind until I have my next massive emotional breakdown. Healthy way of dealing with things, I know, but I manage to get by. Thankfully, this is being offset for the immediate time being in the fact that I've got a good few things possibly lined up: Red Bull are offering the chance for one "young" reporter to travel to Silverstone for the British Grand Prix, which could be an amazing opportunity if I manage to nab it (since doing the F1 coverage is probably my dream job out of all possible journalism based ventures). I also managed to forget that sitting right on my old doorstep of MGS was a possible link to a journalist's dream, as Michael Crick, the current editor of Newsnight, is a fellow "Old Mancuncian". My old Politics teacher reminded me of this fact when I went in to school today for a visit and suggested that if I wanted, he could perhaps inform Mr. Crick of my existence and potential for some experience alongside him for a couple of weeks. So, suddenly, I've gone from having nothing to do all summer to possibly getting a whole lot more lined up, which could work very well for my career.

It's 2.18 in the morning and the cows on the field near my house are mooing. If they keep me up, I swear that I'm going to go make some burgers for a very early breakfast.

The other thing that could take up a portion of my summer would be if Jonny and I actually did apply for, and successfully be casted on Coach Trip. It'd be an amazing experience in a way, even if we would have to share a coach with a load of reality TV wannabes and several horrific old couples. We already sort of have a strategy planned on the slender chance that we were cast. "The nice young wholesome boys who get on really well with the older couples, then bitch about them to the camera." I watch too much reality TV, really, because that's something I've seen played out so many times before. Oh well, though, it gets you casted.

Anyway, blog post over, more or less. In honour of the fact that I've started playing Final Fantasy VII again (yay for PSP) and getting further than I have in a long, long, loooong time on this game, I shall tack on "One Winged Angel" for the music tastes of today, alongside the entire Night Work album. Particular tracks from that would be "Whole New Way", "Fire With Fire", the aforementioned "Sex and Violence" and the wonders of Sir Ian McKellan on "Invisible Light". Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment